beetRoot is a rapid Java web-development framework ready to run! If you know CakePHP (cakePHP.org), you'll like beetRoot. It is based on the same principles and comes with a full CRUD generator generating all views, the model specification and controllers (handlers in beetRoot's terminology) based on the database model!
It is shipped with the following features ready to use:
- Add, edit, view, list and delete functionality for entities
- Bean support with transient and unique fields
- Language management
- File up- and download
- Full MIME types control
- Extendable user settings
- Password reset mechanism
- Dark theme and theme support
- Mailing inclusive mail templates
- URL routing with language support
- File caching (resources and templates)
- Easy to understand HTML template engine
- Password encryption (PBE with MD5 and DES)
- HTTPS protocol and TLS for mail if configured
- User roles & access control on controller level
- User session are stored when servers are stopped
- Full CRUD-Generator PLANT for views, models and handlers
- Standard CSRF mechanism as well as obfuscated CRUD IDs within HTTP requests
- Runs stand-alone as well as in common servlet containers such as apache Tomcat and jetty on URL root path as well behind a servlet-path without modifications of HTML templates, etc.
- Hierarchical resource loader; e.g. German language requested, if not found, use configured default language, then use no language at all; "lookup till you find something usable" is the algorithm for everything. As well, load resources from file system (first), then as a resource within packages (jar, war) if not found beforehand.
- And some more stuff...
beetRoot is released under the Open source BSD 3-Clause License.
- More beetRoot: https://products.autumo.ch/beetroot/overview
- GitHub Repository: https://github.com/autumoswitzerland/autumo